Yesterday we spent a good portion of the morning making birthday cake to share with Fred's friends at the park to celebrate his 4th birthday. We had a good time and managed to eat most of the cake. This morning, however, Fred told me, "I want to make Daddy a cake so his birthday can be the same time as mine." Well I was already in a mess up to my elbows while making Daisy's bread so I suggested we decorate a "pan-CAKE". He seemed quite pleased with this suggestion so I pulled out a frozen pancake for both Fred and Daisy. We pulled out the leftover frosting and colored Fred's blue and Daisy's pink. I then let them scoop out their frosting onto the pancake and spread it around. After a moment or two I discovered that their pancakes were sliding around on their plates and making it difficult for them to spread their frosting. I told them I knew a little trick that would hold their pancake still. I proceeded to put a little blob of frosting on each plate and then set their pancake on top of it. It worked, and the frosting of the cakes resumed. A few moments later I looked back at Fred who, with a confused look, was holding up his plate while peering underneath at its underside. There was a smear of frosting on the counter top and also one on the bottom of his plate. Apparently he had tried, unsuccessfully, to use the frosting trick to keep his plate from sliding around on the counter top.
The kids and I enjoyed our time in the kitchen. Fred finished his cake for Daddy and Daisy received her sugar-high for the day since she ate most of the frosting off of her pancake and licked the bowl too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love these stories! It makes me miss your kids (and you guys)!
Post a Comment