The other day, Fred came up to me out of the blue and said: "Daddy, can I have a box? I need to make something amazing! He sure is a pretty cute little guy. A while back, I picked him up from his preschool class and asked him what he had learned at school that day. He thought for a minute then said: "About surface tension" I was pretty stunned. To be honest, I was impressed that he could pronounce the words let alone that he had learned about it. Since when are they teaching 3 year old kids about surface tension in preschool. I don't think that I learned about that concept until middle school. So I asked him what he had learned about surface tension. They had talked about things that float and had done some experiments. I kept asking him questions about it and he finally said: "Dad, I just don't know everything about surface tension. But my teacher does. She's really smart!"
The other morning we were getting ready for the day when Laurie saw Lucy munching on something. Being the good mother that she is decided she had to investigate. With some effort she stuck her finger in and pulled out half of a cockroach. I walked into the room to see Laurie dry heaving over the sink and Lucy crying for the rest of her cockroach. Did I mention that Laurie still has a problem with our cockroach problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a smart kid that boy is!
I would probably throw up too given the cockroach in the mouth . . .
Ok. So, I can handle a lot of things, but a baby munching on a cockroach just might have sent me over the top too!
Oh my goodness.... the cockroach story just made me ill haha that is soo funny though! You have cute kids! I'm glad to see the blog is more alive as well :)
Oh my heck! I've pulled out some really disgusting things from Sterling's mouth (like toys, old food, a bolt, a 3 inch long piece of lint)etc., but a cockroach?????
Oh my!!
Post a Comment