Sunday, March 18, 2012

Catching the Train

Today the kids and I had to take Adam to the MetroLink station so he could catch the train to the airport. We were pressed for time so Adam unloaded his stuff from the truck and quickly went to buy his ticket. As he was feeding his money into the machine I saw the train approaching. I hollered to Adam from the truck that the train was here and that he needed to hurry. Adam fumbled to gather his ticket and things and started running for the train with his luggage flopping behind him. The conductor was nice enough to wait for Adam so he could board the train. Just as the doors were closing behind him another train pulled up heading in the other direction. It was at that moment I realized Adam had hopped on the WRONG train. When I called him a few moments later he verified that he was indeed going in the wrong direction and we both had a good laugh. Luckily there was another train not too far behind the first that would get him to the airport in time.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

Awesome! That's too bad!

Jason said...

Oh no! lol. That's too bad.