Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wishes of Pets

The other day while shopping at Walmart Fred became fascinated with the fish. He fell especially in love with a fish called a Dragon Fish and was determined to bring it home. I managed to get him home without any tears and figured I had won the battle. Later in the week, however, Fred came home from school and proclaimed that he knew what he wanted for Christmas. He rattled off some type of toy and then said he wanted a Dragon Fish. With neither Adam nor I being excited about having animals anytime soon, I again went on to explain that I didn't think that getting a fish was a very good idea and that we probably wouldn't be able to get one this year. After a lengthy discussion Fred finally said, "Ok Mommy! I guess a puppy will be fine then."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand that you don't want a fish. Can I defend the dragon fish a little bit?
1. They can fast for 30 days so if you forget to feed them for a few days they'll be fine.
2. They adapt to any environment perfectly.
3. You can go for a month not cleaning their bowl.
4. They recognize their owners and flare their fins in joy when they see you.

Kiley said...

Good thinking, Fred!

blair and maisy said...

This sounds strangely familiar. But when I shut down the fish and puppy ideas, Xander said that it would be fine, he'd just take a tiger instead!