Fred gave his very first talk today in Primary. It was about Prophets. He did a great job with some help from Mommy. He talked about why it is important to listen to the Prophet's voice and wanted to tell everyone about the story of Enos. He was really excited to speak in the microphone in front of everyone. Lets hope that enthusiasm continues for a few years still. Yesterday he helped me fix the car and managed to shift the car into neutral as I was hanging halfway out of the car working under the dashboard. I managed to lunge over to the driver's side and push the brakes with one hand before we got across the street and hit the neighbor's car (which incidentally is the same red color and has just about as good a paint job as the buick does). Fred is quite the artist these days and likes to draw pictures of just about anything he can think of.
Daisy is doing well too. She has more energy than I have in a whole week. Today I layed her down for a nap before church (because we have 1:00 church) at 10:00. I was working on my lesson for about an hour and a half and thought I should just peek in at the girls to see if they were still asleep. Nope. Daisy hadn't fallen asleep at all. She had pulled clothes out of her drawers, was half naked herself, had pulled most of the toys out of the toybox and was busy trying to figure out how to put a belt together.
Lucy is crawling all over the place and is getting into everything. We have to rebaby-proof our house again. The girls are pretty cute though. they are all sure growing up fast.

Last night Laurie and I went to a stake dance that was fun. We learned that I am a lousy dancer. I don't know what happened. Anyway, we are thinking about taking a dancing class together so we don't feel so self concious out on the dance floor.
This month I am doing a pediatric orthopedic surgery rotation with an emphasis on adolescent sports medicine. It is pretty cool. I have gotten pretty good at putting casts on little kids. I see a lot of high school athletes with knee and shoulder issues. I like working with the patients, but I have really learned that I am not cut out to be a surgeon. I enjoy doing the procedures (ACL replacements, lateral patellar releases, plica removals, OCD repairs etc), but I am not really into standing on my feet in one spot for 2-3 hours at a time. I would much rather be seeing patients in the clinic, shooting the breeze and seeing lots of patients in a shorter time period.
Yesterday Laurie found some nice fabric at a garage sale for pretty cheap, so her new project is going to be recovering our Futon.
Tonight we are having Maisy and Blair over for dinner again. Their birthdays are coming up so we are doing prime rib for them tonight. I love a good excuse to eat prime rib, plus they were buying. We have a new agreement with them. They buy and we cook. Blair is all for it and I am all for it.
I had a great idea for Maren and other missionaries. They could borrow a cute little baby from someone in the ward then just sit somewhere like the grocery store or in a park. Then all sorts of people will just come up to them and want to see the baby and tell them how cute she is. Bingo, you make a contact. It's brilliant!!! People are always coming up to us and telling us we have cute kids. That would sure beat knocking on doors. Maybe they could go on splits with a young mother that has a cute kid or something. I'm telling you, I think they could easily quadruple your contacts in an evening. Anyone with little kids can tell you it would work.
1 comment:
Wow! I don't know how I missed your updates, but I love them a lot! Way to go on your cute kids!
Post a Comment