Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update on Psych Rotation

So here I am nearing the end of my Psychiatry rotation. For the record things finally did pick up and I was able to see some interesting cases and learn a bit about the human mind. With that said, I can't say that it has piqued my curiosity enough to pursue a career in the field. Perhaps it is the clinic that I have been rotating at, or perhaps it is who I have been working with, but despite the exceptional work hours it just isn't for me. It is just a bit too depressing for me when I look back at the end of day and contemplate all of the patients with major depression, suicide attempts, substance abuse and so forth that I have seen. With that said, the mind is an extremely interesting thing. It sure makes me appreciate the many blessings that I have been given.

No comments: